On April 25, 2019, Niantic announced it would be making several changes to Pokemon GO.
Starting May 1 to June 30, 2019, Latios, Latias, Lugia, and Ho-Oh will be available as Research Breakthrough rewards.
In addition, there will be changes made to the Egg pool as well. Announced hatches are:
See below for further details.
Full Announcement Text
We’re excited to share a few changes to Research Breakthrough rewards and Eggs in the coming weeks.
- Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, and Latios will be Research Breakthrough encounters starting May 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) through the end of June.
- Different Pokémon will hatch from Eggs starting Apr. 26, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Trainers can expect 2 km Eggs to hatch Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bonsly, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 5 km Eggs to hatch Cubone, Combee, Buizel, Glameow, Bronzor, Skorupi, Croagunk, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 10 km Eggs to hatch Mawile, Absol, Shinx, Cranidos, Shieldon, Riolu, and many more.
Time to head outside and see what amazing Pokémon you’ll encounter! Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team