On May 1st, Niantic announced a new event would be taking place from May 1st at 1:00 PM PST to May 14th. During the event, Fighting-type Pokemon will be more easily found in the wild. Also, there will be special bonuses for raiding and gym battling:
- Shiny Makuhita confirmed
- Shiny Meditite confirmed
- New Raid Bosses
- Tier 2: Combusken, Primeape
- Tier 3: Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Breloom
- Tier 4: Poliwrath
- 2x bonus XP for Gym Battles and Raid Battles
- Raids will always give 3,000 Stardust and at least 1 Rare Candy
- Losing a raid also gives you this bonus(only available once per raid)
- "Several actions at Gyms will yield bonuses, including a 2x Badge multiplier"
- Badge rewards from Gyms will be doubled
- "Spinning the Photo Disc at Gyms will also yield more items!"
You can find the Pokemon related to the event below, as well as the full text of the announcement.
It’s time to test the strength of your Pokémon during a special battle event! Fighting-type Pokémon, such as Machop and Makuhita, will appear more frequently in the wild starting May 1 at 1:00 p.m. PDT.
But what’s a battle celebration without some competition at your nearby Gym? Until May 14, you’ll receive 2× bonus XP for Gym Battles and Raid Battles. Plus, Raid Battles will also award a guaranteed 3,000 Stardust for participating—and at least one Rare Candy if you win!
Several actions at Gyms will yield bonuses, including a 2× Badge multiplier, so you can receive even more benefits at a Gym you visit frequently. Just stopping by? Spinning the Photo Disc at Gyms will also yield more items!
Our Battle Showdown is sure to pack a punch, so don’t miss it!
—The Pokémon GO team