The official update post from Niantic:
Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.63.1 for Android and 1.33.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese language support.
- Tapping on a medal will now show your progress toward the next medal tier.
—The Pokémon GO team
The v.0.63.1 update introduced a plethora of new support for potential upcoming features in Pokemon GO. The most notable changes include:
- Support for improved game performance.
- Additional support to stop cheaters.
- New Sponsor types.
- News items part of the "News Digest" feature don't expire but instead get added to a list of news items ordered by date.
- Support for a potential gym rework (All speculation, but essentially more support for "Raids" that encourage more gym collaboration.)
The Silph Road has a more in-depth explanation regarding the new changes so please check them out.
We can't wait until the new gym rework rolls out and are excited for a new gym meta that doesn't revolve around the same 7 Pokemon :P