Mewtwo in EX Raids
Mewtwo will be returning to EX raids with EX passed distributed on or after September 25, 2019. Deoxys-Speed Forme will remain the EX raid boss for all passes distributed before September 25. Here is what we know about the Genetic Pokemon's return:
- Mewtwo returns with EX raid passes distributed on or after September 25.
- Mewtwo will be able to learn its best EX exclusive Charged Move: Shadow Ball
- Mewtwo encountered in EX raids will have the ability to be shiny
- Official channels initially stated November 12, 2019 to be the end date for this run, but that information has since been removed.
The Genetic Pokémon, Mewtwo, will be returning to EX Raids!
Date + Time
- Starting on September 25, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. PDT—Trainers can receive EX Raid Passes to be invited to EX Raids featuring Mewtwo.
- Challenge Mewtwo with the Shadow Ball attack exclusively in EX Raids!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Mewtwo!
Are you new to EX Raids? You can become eligible to receive an EX Raid Pass when you win a Raid Battle at a qualifying Gym! To see whether a Gym can host EX Raids, take a look at the Gym’s details. If you triumph in a qualifying Raid Battle and receive an invitation to an EX Raid, you can check your EX Raid Pass for the date and time when you’ll be able to challenge Mewtwo.
Battling Mewtwo will be a difficult challenge that requires Trainers to take advantage of every opportunity—so don’t forget to invite a friend to go along with you! Invites can only be sent to an Ultra Friend or Best Friend, so don’t forget to battle with friends, send Gifts, and trade Pokémon to build up your Friendship level.
Do you have what it takes? Best of luck—Mewtwo won’t back down!
—The Pokémon GO team
A Tweet from Serebii has confirmed that Mewtwo will only remain in EX raids until November 12, 2019, marking this the first time that we've known in advance when an EX raid boss would leave rotation. We do not yet know what Pokemon will replace Mewtwo for certain.