Tips, Tricks, and Reminders
At the time of writing, we have a double XP event happening for 11 days! Here are a few tips, tricks, and reminders to help you maximize your gains:
- The current boxes are the best values offered to date and include the two huge tools for accumulating XP... Lucky Eggs and Raid Passes. Consider investing in these you haven’t already.
- If you’ve been thinking about getting a Go Plus or Go’tcha, now is a great time to pull the trigger. Either of these allows you to spin stops while catching a raid boss, catch/spin while driving/running/biking, and make quick work of large Pokémon clusters.
- Attempt to get 2 to 4 raids while running one Lucky Egg. If raiding with a group, try to pop the egg when there are about 30 to 45 seconds left on the first raid lobby. Remember to evolve, catch, spin, or berry as you go from one raid to the next. If you have Go Plus or Go’tcha, you can even spin and catch while battling and catching the boss. You can move around quite a bit during a raid to find clusters of spawns or stops. Just make sure to be back in the secondary gym radius when the raid starts or if you have to re-enter.
- Many players will get two 7-day catch and spin streaks during this event. Take advantage of this, as it’s a great way to start a lucky egg. Perhaps pop an egg, spin, catch, then hop into a series of Rayquaza raids.
- Keep moving while doing Lucky Egg mass evolves. Ideally, you can hatch eggs while the Lucky Egg is active. And if you have Plus/Go’tcha, you can continue to spin and catch while evolving.
- A Pokestop will award 250 XP the first time it is spun. With a Lucky Egg and double XP, this becomes 1000! It is a great time to go somewhere new. The XP will add up very quickly, and you’ll get to experience Pokémon Go in another place!
- Consider using some of those extra Incense that you might have lying around. You’ll get XP for the Pokémon you catch, and it will also fuel your next mass evolve.
- Not using Lucky Eggs? Well, you should still evolve as you go/as you catch things. It’s like having a lucky egg on at all times! And don’t forget to evolve as much as you can as the timer on the event runs out, whether you have an egg going or not.
- Check out a Caterpie or Whismur nest. These Pokemon are very easy to catch and can quickly fuel your next mass evolve.
- Keep having fun!!! It can be a grind, so don’t lose sight of why you are playing this game. If you don’t hit forty before the 16th, that’s OK. The milestone will still be there when you are ready to get it.
For more on maximizing XP, check out these two Trust the Cones challenges from last year:
2 km Eggs
5 km Eggs
10 km Eggs