Boosted Pokemon Spawns
On February 4, 2019, Niantic sent out an email to players related to an event to coincide with the Lunar New Year 2019. Certain Pokemon will have boosted rates, including the following:
Each Pokemon with a boosted spawn corresponds to a different animal represented in the Lunar Calendar!
In addition, announced for this event:
- 2x XP for evolving a Pokemon
- Increased chance for a Lucky Pokemon during trades
Stay tuned for the full announcement.
Full Announcement Text
Happy Year of the Pig! The Pokémon GO Lunar New Year event is happening once again, spotlighting 12 Pokémon and beginning February 4 at 1 p.m. PST. Take a look at the details below:
Event Date + Time
- Feb. 4, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Feb. 13, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)M
- Rattata, Ekans, Mankey, Ponyta, Electabuzz, Dratini, Mareep, Miltank, Torchic, Poochyena, Spoink, and Buneary will appear more frequently in the wild!
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Spoink!
- 2× Catch XP
- 2× XP when evolving Pokémon
- When you trade a Pokémon, there is an increased chance it will become a Lucky Pokémon!
Wishing you health, wealth, and luck during the Lunar New Year! Stay safe, and happy exploring!
—The Pokémon GO team