GO Snapshot: How It Works
GO Snapshot is a new feature Niantic has been talking about for some time now. It was announced on February 11, 2019, that there would be a new feature that would allow players to take pictures of Pokemon that have already been caught. Now, with this new way to interact with your Pokemon, you can take artistic pictures with your favorite friendly 'mons!
To use this feature, simply click on the Camera item in your Items. After that you can select your Pokemon to display in AR+!
A few things to know:
- Swiping across your GO Snapshot deployed Pokemon will reset them to be facing the camera
- Tap the Pokemon to view its attack animation
- Remember to save your photos
New Pokemon Release: Smeargle
As shown in the loading screen art for this most recent update, Smeargle is now available!
A few things to remember:
- Smeargle's moves are determined by which Pokemon it "photobombs"
- TMs will give it a random move from the entire general movepool
- Exclusive moves such as Frenzy Plant can be learned through Photobombing