Returning Event: Adventure Week 2019
On May 30, 2019, Niantic announced the return of a previously set event; Adventure Week!
Starting June 4 and going to June 11, the following will be in effect:
- Incrased Rock-type spawns
- Hatch more Rock-type Pokemon
- Onix and more in raids
- Shiny Onix, Lileep, and Anorith release
- 4x Buddy Candy
- 10x XP for undiscovered PokeStops and Gyms
- Reaching the 50km Adventure Sync bonus will reward 50,000 Stardust and 15 Rare Candy
- New Field Research
Increased Spawning Pokemon
See below for full details.
Full Announcement Text
Pack your bags and lace up your hiking boots—it’s almost Adventure Week! The groundbreaking event returns this year, bigger and better than ever. Keep your eyes peeled for new Shiny Pokémon to discover, limited-time Field Research, and rewards for exploring new areas with your Buddy Pokémon!
Date + Time
- Tuesday, June 4, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Tuesday, June 11, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Rock-type Pokémon like Geodude, Rhyhorn, Omanyte, Aron, Lileep, Anorith, and many others will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Hatch Rock-type Pokémon such as Onix, Larvitar, Lileep, Anorith, and Shieldon from 2 km Eggs.
- Challenge Onix, the Rock Snake Pokémon, and other Rock-type Pokémon in raids.
- You may encounter a Shiny Onix, Lileep, or Anorith if you’re lucky!
- Earn 4× Buddy Candy (Tip: Turn on Adventure Sync to make every step count!)
- Visit new PokéStops and earn 10× XP on your first spin of each Photo Disc
- Trainers who have Adventure Sync activated and walk 50 km will earn 50,000 Stardust and 15 Rare Candies!
- Specially themed Field Research tasks will be available for a limited time during this event.
Embrace your hiker spirit, Trainers! You never know what you and your Buddy Pokémon might find. Join this adventure before it ends on June 11. Get up and GO!
—The Pokémon GO Team